Escarole And Bean Italian Wedding SoupFrom pats1013 5 years ago
- 3tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves shopping list
- 2 cups escarole chopped shopping list
- 1 cup fresh spinach chopped shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons shredded basil shopping list
- zest of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, plus shopping list
- xtra to grate into bowl shopping list
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef or turkey or Meatloaf mix shopping list
- 1 egg lightly beaten shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons Italian bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 cup orzo shopping list
- 1 (15oz) can cannellini beans, drained, and rinsed shopping list
- 6 to 7 cups chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the meat,egg,bread crumbs,cheese, & basil, Shape into 1/2 to 3/4 inch balls.
- Pour broth into a large pot over high heat. When boiling drop in meatballs. In the mean time
- Heat Olive oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add Garlic and saute until fragrant about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Add the escarole and spinach and saute until wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add to pot with meatballs along with beans, lemon zest and orzo. Return to a boil, reduce heat to medium.
- Cook at slow boil for about 10 minutes or until beans are heated through and orzo is tender, stirring frequently.
- Salt and pepper to taste, Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan cheese.