Pan-Seared Swordfish Steaks With Shallot Caper And Balsamic SauceFrom darbar 8 years ago
- two 1-inch-thick swordfish steaks, each about 6 ounces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 3 shallots, sliced thin shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves (wash and dry before chopping) shopping list
How to make it
- Pat swordfish dry and season with salt and pepper. In a heavy skillet heat butter and oil over moderately high heat until foam subsides and sauté shallots with salt to taste, stirring, 1 minute.
- Push shallots to side of skillet. Add swordfish and sauté until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Turn fish over and add wine, vinegar, capers, and water. Simmer mixture 3 minutes, or until fish is just cooked through.
- Transfer fish to 2 plates and stir parsley into sauce. Spoon sauce over fish.