Black Bean Quesadillas with Goat CheeseFrom nikchick 10 years ago
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup salsa shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 (19-ounce) can black beans, undrained shopping list
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas shopping list
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup salsa (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa, cumin, and beans, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes or until thick. Mash the bean mixture slightly with a potato masher. Remove from heat; stir in the cilantro and goat cheese.
- Spread the bean mixture evenly over 4 tortillas; top each with 1 tortilla, pressing gently.
- Heat 1/4 teaspoon olive oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 quesadilla, and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Repeat the procedure with the remaining olive oil and quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges. Serve with fat-free sour cream and 1/2 cup salsa.
The Cooknikchick Seattle, WA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!