Easy Cinnamon Swirl CoffeecakeFrom annieamie 6 years ago
- 2 boxes of yellow vanilla-flavored cake mix, made as directed by the manufacturer. shopping list
- 1 cup of batter from the cake mixes shopping list
- 1 cup of sour cream shopping list
- 4 TB cinnamon shopping list
- 2 TB granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract added to the cake batter shopping list
- powdered sugar for sprinkling over cooled cake shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add sour cream to the batter and mix well.
- Take the 1 cup of batter and add the cinnamon and sugar and mix.
- Pour the rest of the cake batter into a 13x9 inch pan that has been greased or covered with Release aluminum.
- Pour the 1 cup of cinnamon/sugar batter directly down the center of the cake batter in the pan.
- With a straight knife/butter knife/kitchen knife, stick the knife into the cinnamon batter and make circles with the knife, directly in the batter. You can also make lines going from side to side or make a figure 8.
- Bake and cool.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar after cake has cooled completely.
- This recipe doesn't need a streusel topping of any kind. Its a thick cake as it does use 2 boxes of mix. However, a sprinkling of nuts adds to the flavor and so do chocolate chips. Coconut is also another great addition. You can also make a simple glaze of powdered sugar and milk with a bit of vanilla.
- Its great as a tea cake. You can also make small loaves of this cake but you'll have to watch the time as it won't take an hour. Enjoy!
- The picture above is the cake I made but I made one in an angel food or tube pan and made the other in a loaf pan which is now in the freezer.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating3 people
This is a lovely cake, (I just found) tasty and
also budget friendly 55555 and added to FFF group.
Thank you!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
I can't wait to try this! The picture is talking to me.....jett2whit in Union City loved it
Omg, how easy is this one, Annie? Gonna make it this now and have it with my coffee later. I love easy recipes and this one has got to be grrreat!Yeah, me and Tony the Tiger love it. lol Thanks you, loving this one!!!!!!!!!!cinnamon in Beverly Hills loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Quick N Easy121 members
Short Cut Cooking221 members
Jewish Food Lovers99 members
Bake Sale125 members
Family Favorites138 members
The Holiday Dessert Table123 members
Jewish Recipe Gems13 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice76 members