Hawaiian Banana Nut BreadFrom thepiggs 10 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- ¾ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped maraschino cherries shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 5 ingredients, stir in pecans.
- Combine remaining ingredients: add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8½ - x 4½ - x 3-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350ºF for 1 hour 10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes, remove from pans, and let cool on wire racks.
- Yield: 2 loaves
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookthepiggs MO
The Rating4 people
This looks fabulous. I'm not a fan of Marachino Cherries so maybe this will change my mind.sunny in Portland loved it
I made this tonight for after dinner. My whole family loved it. Thanks for sharing.brittbrat018 in Ruston loved it
I was looking for a different banana bread and this was it. Thanks!nikchick in Seattle loved it