Chocolate Chip Toffee and Walnut SconesFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 3 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus a little more shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup toffee bits (find them in the bakery section) shopping list
- 2 cups chilled whipping cream, plus a little more shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and toffee bits.
- Beat cream in another large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into dry ingredients.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and gently knead until soft dough forms - about 2 minutes. Flatten dough to a disc and cut into triangles about 2 inches wide. Keep in mind they will puff up a little.
- Transfer to baking sheets lined with silicone or parchment paper. Brush with additional cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown - about 20 minutes, but keep an eye on them for the last 5 minutes.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!