Black Bottom CupcakesFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 large egg whites, room temp shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup sour cream, room temp shopping list
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (DO NOT SUBSTITUTE LARGER CHIPS) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups water shopping list
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled (1 stick) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 2 standard muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- With electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Beat in egg whites and 2 tablespoons sour cream until combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- Whisk remaining sugar, remaining salt, flour, cocoa, and baking soda in large bowl.
- Make a well in center, add remaining sour cream, water, butter and vanilla and whisk until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among 24 cupcake liners and top each batter with 1 rounded tablespoon cream cheese mixture.
- Bake until tops of cupcakes just begin to crack 23 to 25 minutes.
- Cool cupcakes in tins for 10 minutes before transfering to wire rack to cool completely.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating2 people
From where did you get this one.I am sure the taste is wonderfull.This is my fvorite type of cake.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it