Whole Wheat Tuna MuffinsFrom turlak 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 (9 ounce) can tuna packed in water, drained or (2 6 oz cans will work) shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles (optional) shopping list
- 2 tablespoon chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 3/4 cup skim milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (or you could use veg oil) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Into a separate bowl, flake tuna; then stir in yogurt, green onion, pickles, and garlic. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, and applesauce.
- Stir tuna mixture into flour mixture. Gently stir milk mixture into flour mixture. Spoon tuna salad into the wells of muffin tins.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.