White Wine and Lemon RisottoFrom unswissmiss 7 years ago
How to make it
- Bring chicken broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Turn heat to low and cover to keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and a sprinkling of salt, and saute until translucent and just starting to take on color.
- Add rice and saute until translucent, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add a ladleful of broth to the rice and stir until absorbed.
- Repeat until broth is gone. Over time, it will take longer and longer for the broth to be absorbed, and the rice will take on a creamy texture.
- Add wine; stir until absorbed.
- At this point the rice grains should be swollen to several times their original size and tender to the bite. If not, continue cooking with water until the rice is done.
- Zest lemon; reserve for garnish.
- Squeeze the juice from lemon. Add to the risotto and stir until absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in lemon zest and serve immediately.
The Cookunswissmiss Basel, CH
- Not added to any groups yet!