Cauliflower SouffleFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook cauliflower in boiling, salted water until tender, drain well and mash really well.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan, blend in flour and cook, stirring over medium heat until bubbly; do not let mixture brown.
- Meanwhile, bring milk to a boil in another saucepan.
- Add hot milk to butter-flour mixture and cook, stirring over medium heat until sauce thickens and is smooth. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Remove from heat.
- Lightly beat egg yolks and stir into sauce.
- Then stir in cheese and cauliflower until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold cauliflower mixture gently but thoroughly into beaten egg whites. Pour into a buttered 2 quart souffle dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or till puffed, firm and lightly browned.
- Serve at once.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
This recipe is perfectly written and easy to follow.
I love cauliflower what a perfect way to show off that vegetable.
Five forkstrigger in loved it
This is a easy reciepe and it turns out great. I added some red pepper flakes and diced ham. I did not mash the califlower, I cut up in small pieces and left it slightly firm, as it will cook in the ovenpakcik in loved it