Black Pepper Steaks With Creamy Pan Sauce And Carmelized ZucchiniFrom angelamarquardt 9 years ago
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 4 small medium T-bone steaks, no more than 1 1/2 inches thick shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 large Zuchinni cut into slices shopping list
- 3 cloves chopped fresh garlic shopping list
- 1 large spanish onion shopping list
- 2 plum tomatoes cut in halve lenghtwise, seeds removed, then cut into thin thin strips shopping list
- 2 handfuls fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. digon mustard, or dry mustard powder shopping list
- 2 Tbsp.thyme leaves (4-5 sprigs) chopped shopping list
- 1 c. chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 c. heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- To make steaks: prehaeat 2 skillets each with 2 Tbsp. of oil over med-high heat. SEason both sides with salt. Press about 1/2 Tbsp of fresh ground black pepper evenly on both sides. Add 2 seasoned steaks to each skillet cooking 6-7 min. on each side for medium doneness. (If you have a very large skillet-14 in. or so, you can fit all 4 steaks in at once)
- While steaks are cooking, start the carmelized zuchinni. prehaet large skillet with 2 Tbsp. oil on med- high heat. Add Zuchinni ditributing evenly in pan cooking 2 min.( Do not stir once in pan to ensure they will brown.) Add garlic 1/2 of the sliced onions, and salt, (now you can stir to get flavors rolling) Cook 5 min. tossing occasionally. Add tomatoes, and 1/2 of the chopped parsley. Cook 1-2 min. until tomatoea are heated through.
- Remove steaks from pan, to a platter, with foil over them to rest while making sauce.
- With a rubber spatula, remove excess pepper from pan, making sure to remove any burnt bits also. Scrape all the drippings into 1 pan, heating 2 more Tbsp oil. Add rest of onion, mustard, and thyme. Cook 1-2 min. stirring frequently. Add chicken stock, and cream, turn heat to high, cook 3 min. until sauce is slightly thickened. Taste sauce, and saeson if neccesary and finish with rest of chopped parsley.
- To serve, top each steak with sauce, and serve along with zuchinni.
The Cookangelamarquardt Marinette, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!