Peach Perfection BreadFrom michellem 9 years ago
- 1 can(1 pound) sliced peaches in juice, undrained shopping list
- 1/3 cup oat bran shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp chopped dry peaches,dark raisins,or golden raisins(raisins are optional) I leave them out for the kids. shopping list
- 1/3 cup honey crunch wheat germ or chopped toasted pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Drain the peaches, reserving the juice.
- Place drained peaches in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
- Pour the peach puree into a 2 cup measuring cup, and add enough of the reserved juice to bring volume to 1 2/3 cups.
- Place the oat bran and brown sugar in a medium sized bowl, and add the peach puree.
- Stir with a wire whisk until well mixed, and set the mixture aside for a least 15 minutes to allow the oat bran to soften.
- Place the four, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large bowl, and stir to mix well.
- Add the peach mixture and the vanilla extract to the flour mixture, and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in the dried fruit and the wheat germ or pecans
- Coat an 8 x 4 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, and spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
- Bake at 325* for about 45 min.
- Remove the loaf from the oven, and let sit for 15 min.
- Remove bread from loaf pan and let cool to room temperature.
- Wrap in foil or plastic.
- Refrigerate any leftovers not eaten within 24 hours.
- Nutritional facts(per slice)
- Calories: 93
- Carbs: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Fat :0.6 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Sodium:124 mg.
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating3 people
Pass me a cup of good quality coffe and the fork please..The nutmeg and the cinnamon make a real good mixture.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Love it ... thanks.berry in Winter Park loved it
This is healthy and tasty! I think this would work perfectly for a morning breakfast, on the way to work! Thank you for sharing, and I LOVE peaches. . .=Dshandy in Port Orchard loved it