Basic Pizza Crust Dough ProcessorFrom oldgringo 5 years ago
How to make it
- Dissolve the yeast in the heated water (85°F) and set aside. Allow to set for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix together the flour, salt and sugar. With the processor running add the yeast through the chute, then in a steady stream add the water until the dough forms a ball. STOP immediately.
- Turn out onto a floured board and sift with flour to be able to handle. Knead for several minutes to develop the gluten. Coat with the oil and allow to rise until double in size.
- Punch down and knead for a couple of minutes.
- If you are making focaccia, form into a ball and see Focaccia Recipe.
- If you are making Shirley Galladora's Italian Loaf, form into a ball and see Shirley Galladora's Italian Loaf Recipe.
- If you are making pizza; to make medium pizzas, divide the dough into two halves and into 4 quarters for small 10-1/2-inch pizzas. Form the portions into balls.
- Pat the ball of dough into a rough circle and continue with a rolling pen to form the pizza the right size and shape, about 3/8 to 1/4-inch thick.
- If you are using an oiled baking pan for the pizza roll it into a circle about 1/4 inch larger that the pan. The edges can be folded under to form the rim of the crust.
- Or, if you are baking the pizza on an oiled flat baking surface, gently push some of the dough from the center toward the edge to make the rim higher.
- In either case, lightly oil the surface to contain the pizza and arrange the pizza on the oiled surface. The prepared crust is now ready for filling and then baking.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
The Rating3 people
What a nice easy recipe. Can't wait to try it out on lots of recipes. 5 forksbrianna in loved it
Will make this for supper! Thanks.rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
I made focaccia from this recipe and it was delicious. I added Kalamata olives, fresh garlic, rosemary, Feta cheese, and a little parmesan. Wished for dried tomatoes, but it was delicious like it was. Super, super!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it