Leahs Fantastic Sun Dried Tomato Garlic ButterFrom divaliscious 8 years ago
- 6 or so sun dried tomatoes that have been marinating in olive oil - in other words, not the too-dried ones you sometimes find near your salad greens at the grocery store - but look in the deli section - the marinated sun-dried tomatoes are usually stored there. shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic-finely minced shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 stick butter - preferably unsalted at room temperature shopping list
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil shopping list
- Equipment needed: Bowl, fork to mash all together, and people who love garlic smell on your breath. shopping list
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper shopping list
- Dash of Crushed red pepper (optional) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of freshly grounded parmesan cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Take Tomatoes out of marinade and drain slightly, Chop of to a fine mince and place in bowl.
- Mince garlic fine and add to bowl.
- Add butter and olive oil.
- Add good helping of freshly ground cracked pepper (crushed red paper & grated cheese- if you want)
- Next mash with fork till well incorporated.
- Chill and use as you wish...
- Suggestions again include, adding this spread to your rustic sandwich such as roast beef or left over meatloaf, or leftover flank steak sliced super thin on country homemade bread (or on my savory bread recipe) . Other suggestions is spreading on bread then toasting under broiler for a nice twist on Texas Toast. It's also a great alternative to regular butter you may serve at a dinner party or for yourself!
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating5 people
I had this the other day on a fresh home made baguette very good, I used the cheese option with more olive oil than butter.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
This one sounds like a 5 in my book, thanks!!gardener61 in Woolwich loved it
Perfect!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it