AdoboFrom iwuv2eatfud 8 years ago
- * 4 chicken leg & thigh(This is the only "must have", breast just doesn't taste and feel as good!) shopping list
- * 8 tsp "suka" vinegar made from coconut juice (as a variant, try balsamic vinegar) shopping list
- * 8 tsp soy sauce shopping list
- * 1 finely sliced onion shopping list
- * 4 smashed cloves of garlic shopping list
- * 1 whole sweet bay leaf or laurel shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. freshly cracked (not ground) black pepper corns shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Sear the chicken in a pan, Brown the thighs on all sides, but don't worry about cooking them through, this step is basically just for taste and texture.
- 2.Turn down the heat and add some oil, brown the garlic, add in onions. when this softens. Add vinegar. Remember not to stir or cover the pan until the vinegar boils.This will ruin your adodo. If you make a mistake stirring the adobo while uncooked, it will create a sour and bitter after taste.
- 3.After the vinegar has simmered, add in the soy sauce and bay leaf and pepper.
- 4.Cook until it has dried a bit. Real adobo should not be saucy.
- Serve over hot steamed rice.