sauerkraut ballsFrom crossfire 6 years ago
- 1/2 pound bulk sausage shopping list
- 1/4 chopped onion shopping list
- 1 16 oz can sauerkraut shopping list
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 pkg (4 oz) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 tsp parsley shopping list
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tbsp water shopping list
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- cook sausage and onion until sausage is brown, breaking sausage into small pieces. Drain.
- drain sauerkraut, pressing out as much liquid as possible. In large mixing bowl, combine sauerkraut, sausage, 2 tbsp breadcrumbs, cream cheese, parlsey, mustard.
- Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Put flour in shallow container. Put beaten eggs and water in another. Put breadcrumbs in a third.
- Using about 2 tbsp, shape sauerkraut mixture into balls. Roll balls in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Fry a few at a time in deep, hot fat for about 2 minutes...or until brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm in 275 degree oven.