DarBars Awesome Tuna SandwichesFrom darbar 9 years ago
- 1 4-oz. can of Chunk White albacore tuna in water (I use BumbleBee) shopping list
- 1 carrot shopping list
- 1 dill pickle shopping list
- celery salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp. Smart Choice Mayonaisse with no trans fats shopping list
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard shopping list
- Handful of greens – spinach, lettuce, any kind, whatever is in your fridge shopping list
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 7-grain bread or artisan bread shopping list
How to make it
- Peel carrot, cut off top and bottom. Shred carrot on a box grater. Eat the last little nub of carrot so you don't slice your fingers. Cut pickle into 1/4 inch pieces. Pop bread pieces into toaster.
- Drain tuna by squeezing the opened can top against the contents over the sink.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine tuna, shredded carrot, pickle pieces, mayo, mustard, and a quick sprinkle of celery salt until well-blended.
- Put a heaping mound of tuna mixture on one of the toasted bread slices. Spread tuna around in an even layer about 3/4 inch thick. Sprinkle top with celery salt. Apply greens over top and put other slice of bread on top. Voila! Lunch! (When in season, a nice fat slice of a garden fresh heirloom tomato is a nice option too.)
- Use a fork to eat the tuna off of the plate that fell out when you were eating. I usually eat the rest of the tuna out of the bowl too.