Evil Jungle Prince with ChickenFrom ravenseyes 7 years ago
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken breast (or 1/2 lb mixed vegetables, see note below) shopping list
- 2 to 6 small red chile peppers shopping list
- 1/2 stalk fresh lemon grass shopping list
- 2 kaffir lime leaves shopping list
- 2 T oil shopping list
- 1/2 c coconut milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 to 4 T fish sauce, based on personal taste (omit for veggie version) shopping list
- 10 to 15 basil leaves shopping list
- 1 c chopped cabbage shopping list
How to make it
- Thinly cut chicken into 2-inch strips. (If doing veggie version, cut vegetables into thin strips.) Grind together red chili peppers, lemon grass, and kaffir lime leaves in a food processor or pound in a mortar.
- Heat oil to medium-high and saute pepper mixture for 3 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken (or vegetables) and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked (same time for veggies). Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir in fish sauce (if using), salt, and basil. Serve on a bed of chopped cabbage.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
- Not added to any groups yet!