Olive-Cheese Quick BreadFrom pleclare 9 years ago
- 2c flour shopping list
- 3tsp.sugar shopping list
- 2tsp baking powde1/2tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4tsp salt shopping list
- 1c shreaded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 egg,room temp. shopping list
- 3/4c milk shopping list
- 1/4c oil shopping list
- 1Tbs finely chopped onions(optional)\ shopping list
- 35 stuffed green olives shopping list
- 11/2tsp olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Grease loaf pan;set aside. Preheat oven to 350
- In a lg. bowl,combine dry ingredients and cheese;set aside
- In a med. bowl,lightly beat egg;stir in milk and oil,mixing well.
- Add onion to the egg-milk,mix;then stir into flour mixture.....do not over-mix,just get things moist
- Spoon half of batter into prepared pan. Arrange 28 olives on their sides,4 rows of 7 each.
- Spoon remaing batter over the olives,smoothing the top with the back of a spoon.
- Place remaining 7 olives evenly spaced down the center of the top of the loaf.
- Brush with olive oil or spray.
- Bake 35-45 mins until wooden pick comes out clean
- Let stand 10 mins---rally important or the loaf will sort of fall apart when you cut
- Variations: Use a different kind of cheese for a whole different flavor or how about a different kind of olive? Mmmmmm
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Can almost smell it baking! Sounds delish.kimmer in Dunedin loved it
I am right there with Kimmer. I can smell it baking and this recipe looks amazingly delicious. Thanks for sharing.laadeedaa in loved it
Love olives and cheese. This is sublime.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it