Farm House RollsFrom sramsey 9 years ago
- 2 pkg active dry yeast shopping list
- 2 cups warm water (105-115F) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and room temp. shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 6-61/2 cups King Arthur unbleached flour shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted (opt) shopping list
How to make it
- In a very large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Stir in sugar;let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in egg, and 1/4 cup melted butter and the salt. Stir in as much flour as possible.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly foured surface, Kneasd in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6-8 minutes no more). Shape into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface of dough. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (45-60 minutes)
- Punch down. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, divide in half, cover and let rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grease one 1
- 15x10x1 inch baking pan or two (2) 13x9x2 inch pans. Divide each half of the dough into 12 pieces. To shape, gently pull each dough piece into a ball, tucking the edges under.
- Place the shaped rolls in the prepared pan(s), cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes) Preheat the oven to 350 F. Optional - brush rolls with some of the 3 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Brush rolls w/remaining melted butter if desired. Transfer rolls to wire racks; cool completely.
- Thank you.. Joyce larson of New Market,, Iowa for this family recipe.
The Cooksramsey Tipton, MI
The Rating1 people
Trying this now but i have cut the recipe in 1/2. there are only 2 of us. i'll let you know how they turned out. well, i'm back. the rolls were pretty as a picture. my nhusband loved them. this is a keeper. many thanks, tinadtinadunlap in Greenwood loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!