Christmas Rice PuddingFrom bittersweet 5 years ago
- 1 Cup Cooked long grain white rice shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegan eggnog (divided) shopping list
- 1/3 Cup brown sugar shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/3 Cup raisins shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon margarine shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- nutmeg, to Serve shopping list
How to make it
- Place the rice and 1 cup of “nog” in a medium saucepan and cook over moderate heat.
- Keep it just below a boil for about 5 minutes until the rice has mostly absorbed the liquid, and add in the sugar, salt, cinnamon, and raisins.
- Cook for another 10 minutes or so before adding in the remaining nog, and then simmer for another 5 - 10 minutes, until the mixture has reached your desired thickness.
- Stir in the margarine just to melt and combine, take the pot of the heat, and incorporate the vanilla.
- Either serve immediately while still warm, or let it sit in the fridge until it’s thoroughly chilled.
- Top with freshly grated nutmeg, if desired.