Tomato Butternut Stew With CouscousFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 2 lb whole butternut squash shopping list
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- ½ teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided shopping list
- 1 ¾ cup vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 19 oz can diced tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 1 ½ cups water shopping list
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 ½ cups couscous, uncooked shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and remove seeds from squash. Cut into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- Heat ¼ cup of water in a 6-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, paprika, cinnamon, nutmeg and ½ teaspoon cumin. Cook 1 minute more.
- Add broth, squash, chickpeas, and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 25 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Heat water to boiling in medium saucepan.
- Stir in remaining cumin and salt; then stir in couscous.
- Cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Serve stew over couscous in large shallow serving bowl.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
Yum! Butternut squash is a favourite of mine, same with couscous -- this sounds a lot like Aloo gobi (maybe not as hot?). Great recipe, JJB, with thanks :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget557 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group170 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables384 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members