Lickety Lemon Butter Cream FrostingFrom divaliscious 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature (one stick) shopping list
- 1 pound sifted confectioners sugar (roughly 3-1/2 cups sifted) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon slat shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon real lemon flavoring shopping list
- zest of two lemons shopping list
- Up to 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- Equipment needed: Mix master or hand mixer, cake to frost, someone to lick the beaters afterwards (ask me if I am around) shopping list
How to make it
- After sifting the confectioner's sugar, set aside temporarily.
- Put butter into mixing bowl and start beating till smooth.
- Add salt and lemon zest.
- Add sugar slowly (and I mean slowly otherwise you will create a powdered cloud around you and the kitchen sink) - about one cup at a time.
- Slow down mixture to help prevent sugar cloud from appearing.
- Add egg white and two tablespoons of lemon juice to bowl. Continue mixing till very smooth.
- Check consistency of frosting. If still too stiff, continue to add one tablespoon of lemon juice at a time until the right consistency is achieved. Some people like a stiffer frosting as others prefer a looser type.
- Spread on your favorite just baked and cooled down cake.
- You can substitute Orange for the lemon - which is also amazingly good on my fantastic fudge cake.