Midnight Velvet Chocolate CakeFrom henrie 9 years ago
- 1 cup butter softened shopping list
- 2 ½ cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup Hersey'sä cocoa shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 2 Tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 2 cups boiling water or hot coffee shopping list
- For The frosting shopping list
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 6 tbl. butter, softened shopping list
- 2 tbl. milk shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted shopping list
- Cream confectioner's sugar and butter. Add milk, vanilla and melted chocolate. Beat in the egg. shopping list
- frost cake. Sprinkle with nuts if you like. shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve cocoa in the 2 cups boiling water. Set aside to cool.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture alternately with the cooled chocolate mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Bake 350° for 50 min. in a BUNDTä pan.
- Can also be made in a 9x13 pan. Cook 45 minutes.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating7 people
Henrie, you're killing me with all these wonderful desserts, lol! Interesting, my grammie used to make a chocolate cake and I can remember her putting coffee in it. Could be something similar. Of course at the time, all us grandkids thought puttin...morekimmer in Dunedin loved it
I really like chocolate cake, thanks for the post.auntievi in Oshawa loved it
A must make! Sounds to good.. yummmmmm Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it