Savory New Brunswick StewFrom conner909 7 years ago
- 2 cups barbequed pork, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 cup boiled, boned, cubed chicken shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1-16oz. can mashed tomatoes with juice shopping list
- 1-5oz. can drained white corn shopping list
- ¼ tsp. black pepper shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. barbeque sauce shopping list
- dash Tabasco sauce shopping list
- garlic to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter and sauté onion until tender.
- Add all ingredients except seasonings and cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add seasonings and continue simmering as long as you wish.
- June uses 4 or 5 cans of petitie-cut tomatoes, diced in juice and 2 cans of shoepeg white corn, drained.
- Lots of fresh garlic is good. Double everything else and simmer for a long period of time....2 to 3 hours.
The Cookconner909 Southern Calif., CA
The Rating1 people
Wow chicken and pork in one stew.
I like the extra smoky component from the BBQ sauce and the tomato base as well I think they work well together.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it