Sweet Potato CheesecakeFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 5 tablespoons butter melted shopping list
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup mashed strained sweet potato shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make crust by combining graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and 1 tablespoon sugar in a medium bowl.
- Stir well enough to coat all of the crumbs with the butter but not so much as to turn the mixture into paste.
- Keep it crumbly.
- Press crumbs onto the bottom and about two-thirds of the way up the sides of a spring form pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes then set aside until ready to fill.
- In large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla.
- Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the sweet potato, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice and continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling into the pan and bake for 70 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow cheesecake to cool.
- When cheesecake has come to room temperature chill for several hours then cut into wedges and serve with a generous portion of whipped cream on top.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!