Black Bean Burgers with Spicy Cucumber and Red Pepper RelishFrom autumn1980 6 years ago
- Relish: shopping list
- 2/3 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped dill shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Dash of ground red pepper shopping list
- Burgers: shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced red onion shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise shopping list
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns shopping list
- dill sprigs (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare relish, combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- To prepare burgers, place beans in a large bowl; partially mash with a fork. Stir in breadcrumbs and next 5 ingredients (breadcrumbs through egg). Divide bean mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Prepare grill.
- Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until thoroughly heated. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on the bottom half of each bun; top each with a patty, 1/4 cup relish, and top half of bun. Garnish with dill sprigs, if desired.
The Cookautumn1980 Casselberry, FL
The Rating5 people
Sounds delicious! I'm saving your recipe to try soon - I'll let you know what I think. Great post...thanks! =)lunasea in Orlando loved it
Wow, this sounds great. Thanks for the postmarriage in Apalachin loved it
I'm back. =) I made these and loved them. I loved the flavors of both the burrgers and the relish and they complimented each other so nicely. I'll be making these again. Thanks!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!