Blackened Salmon SandwichesFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 portions shopping list
- 2 teaspoons blackening or cajun seasoning (see Ingredient note) shopping list
- 1 small avocado, pitted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise shopping list
- 4 crusty whole-wheat rolls, split and toasted shopping list
- 1 cup arugula shopping list
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion shopping list
How to make it
- Oil grill rack, preheat grill to high.
- Rub blackening (or Cajun) seasoning on both sides of salmon. Grill until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Mash together avocado and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread the avocado mixture on the bottom half of each roll. Top with the salmon, arugula, tomato and onion.