4 Cheese PastaFrom sunny 8 years ago
- pasta - use your favorite - we use shells shopping list
- milk shopping list
- 3 ounces gruyere - grated shopping list
- 3 ounces Edam - grated shopping list
- 3 ounces Mozzarella - grated shopping list
- A pinch of nutmeg - optional shopping list
- white pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - warm enough to be quite soft shopping list
- 1 C Freshly grated parmigiano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta per instructions on package. As the pasta is cooking take about a cup of milk and set it to heat over a moderate flame, adding each of the first three cheeses. Stir constantly because the cheeses will settle, melt over the bottom of the pan, and burn if you don't. Add a pinch or more of white pepper to taste, and a pinch of freshly ground nutmeg if you like it.
- When the pasta is just shy of being done, drain it. Transfer it to a skillet, stir in the butter till melted then add the cheese sauce, mix well. Add the freshly grated Parmigiano, and cook over a brisk flame, moving the skillet as you would if you were making an omelet to toss the pasta. Once most of the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is cooked, serve.