Creamed Tuna and PeasFrom henrie 6 years ago
How to make it
- Begin by melting the margarine in a 2-quart saucepan. Use a fork or a whisk to stir in the flour making sure it is smooth. Gradually stir
- in the milk. If you have a whisk you can go a little faster because a
- whisk can beat out any lumps. If you are using a fork then go very
- slowly so you can keep the mixture smooth. When the mixture is smooth stir in the sugar, salt and pepper. Cook and stir the sauce until it begins to boil. Allow it to boil for a full minute by the clock. Now
- remove the sauce from the heat.
- Drain the peas and the tuna. Stir gently and reheat only till boiling
- again. Do not overcook or the peas will get mushy.
- Serve over buttered toast or biscuits or rice or noodles. Makes 4
- To use Frozen peas instead of canned, simply replace the canned peas with 2 cups of frozen peas. Allow the sauce to reheat for a minute or 2 so you will be sure the peas are cooked through. Do not overcook the frozen peas either. This is vital for a good dish.