crockpot pork chilliFrom imhungry 9 years ago
- 1-2 lb. pork tenderloin (either a pre-maridaided or plan) shopping list
- 16 oz. salsa (go crazy here it makes no diff what kind here the only thing I will warn it gets more spicey during the cooking so be carefull!) shopping list
- 48 oz. canned black beans-drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (if you have pork broth at your store go for it) shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper chopped small shopping list
- 1 onion chopped to match pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- for serving: sour cream, scallions, shedded cheese, tortilla wraps or chips, corn bread etc. shopping list
How to make it
- Place tenderloin on the bottom of crockpot.
- Cover with spices and veggies and beans.
- Cover that with the salsa and broth.
- Place lid on crock and set to low and cook for 8 hours!
- When it's done you can either pull apart the pork and leave it in the chili or, as we have picky eaters in my home, take out the pork and slice it then ladle the rest over it in your bowl for chili or make sides for the ones that don't like chili and they can have just the pork!
- Now for the kids they get pork, rice and corn. For my hubby and I we eat the chili and add some corn and rice to the chili. For left overs we make nachos or quesidillas/burritos! So far our fave salsa is anything chipolte! We're going to try a peach chipolte tomorrow, we'll let ya know how that goes! PLESE remember if it's hot salsa it will be FREAKIN' HOT chili ,med. salsa makes hot chili!!!