Apple Pecan Ooey Gooey Upsidown PieFrom annette092964 6 years ago
- 3 lbs of granny smith apples, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 stick of butter any will do shopping list
- 1cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons small tapioca beads shopping list
- 1/4 tsp alspice if you like "I dont" shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg if you like "I dont" shopping list
- 1/8c water shopping list
- 1/8c evaporated milk shopping list
- 1tsp white sugar shopping list
- pecans ..as many as you like whole, chopped anyway your heart desires. shopping list
- and to make it easy on those who dont roll their own crust.. shopping list
- 1 pkg of Pillsbury pie crusts. 2 shells at room temperature shopping list
- TIDBIT: frying of apples... I do this to cut down cooking time on the pie and it turns out even better also even a different taste then the normal pie... I fry my apples in the butter add the spices while cooling, the tapioca, and the water.. before I place them in the pie shell... I let them get room temperature before placing in the pie shell..the shell will still raise up like the apples were stacked high. But either way works ;) shopping list
- TAPIOCA: this is just a filler as flour would be used. It comes out clear and full of that apple pie flavor. Do not use the big beads or you'll be lookin at your pie like its alive lol shopping list
How to make it
- 1 large pie pan
- line the bottom with 1/4c. brown sugar and 1/2 stick of butter dabbed on the brown sugar cover with pecans as many as you like decorate with them do as you please..
- 2. Roll out the thawed "room temp" pie shell just a tad larger then it already is as to cover the larger of the pie pans.
- 3. place 1 rolled out pie shell on top of the pecans, butter, brown sugar layer
- 4. in a large mixing bowl combine the water, apples, brown sugar, butter tapioca beads, cinnamon a must.. the other spices are up to you....let stand 10min
- 5.pour apple mixture in the 1st pie shell and heap them if you didn't fry them as I do..
- 6. take your last pie shell roll it out even larger then the last to cover the heap of apples. Fold under the edges and pinch off all the way around. With your hand or brush, brush on the evaporated milk then sprinkle the sugar over that.
- 7. if you've ripped a couple holes in the pie shell dont worry , add a couple more to the top to let it vent as it cooks.
- Bake at 325-350 for approx. 40min. Covering the pie edges with foil for the first 30min to keep them from burning.
- NOW FOR THE FINAL MOMENT!!!
- After the pie comes out of the oven... place a plate of your choice over the top.. flip that baby upsidown "up side down" and let the pan set for a moment so it releases all the gooey substance. Do not let the pie cool before flipping or she's gonna stick to the pan ; ) Flip her while shes hot ladies n gents!!!!
- The evaporated milk will not only make the crust flakey but will keep it firm and turns out a beautiful brown. Alot of people use milk..mama always said evaporated is the best!!!
- Will post a pic in a couple weeks when I get ready to make this again..this was hard to explain since I dont have a recipe but only the one in my head. Enjoy yall!
The Cookannette092964 Logansport, U.S.A.
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!