Citrus Sweet PotatoesFrom zena824 6 years ago
How to make it
- Place sweet potatoes in a large sauce pan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Whisk in orange juice concentrate and lemon zest.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake, uncovered at 325 degrees until heat through and sauce is bubbly.
- 12 servings
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating3 people
Yep, this is a good recipe, one I've made often too. Once I had to use pineapple juice concentrate because we were out of orange -- and it was still very good! Great post, Zena :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
LOVE SWEET POTATOES ZENA, WILL GET SOME THIS WEEK-END AND TRY ITmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Oh Yea...any time you put the brown sugar in them sweet potatoes, it's gotta be good. Thanks for posting.saltymike in Naples loved it