Beer Cheese SoupFrom sunnee2000 8 years ago
- 5 - 6 Cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 Cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped carrots shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 Cup flour shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 Tsp dry mustard shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1-1/2 Cups Grated cheese (Sharp Cheddar) shopping list
- 1 Can, 12 oz, Flat beer (Open and let sit for a few hours) shopping list
How to make it
- In a Large Sauce Pan melt butter and saute' carrots, celery and onion until limp.
- Gradually blend in flour, salt and dry mustard.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture just begins to brown.
- Add Stock and turn heat to high.
- Add Cheeses and beer, stirring constantly.
- Bring to boil for a moment.
- Reduce heat and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooksunnee2000 Portland, OR
The Rating1 people
Thank you for this post! I used to work at a restaurant/brewery that makes an excellent beer and cheese soup. This sounds a lot like their recipe. I had forgotten about it- I think I'll make this this weekend! AWESOME POST!!suzalleogram in Easthampton loved it
Made the soup last night- good recipe! It had an excellent flavor- but I would not add salt. I added 1/4 tsp to the flour/mustard mixture and the soup was too salty. I think it might have still been very salty even without adding salt, so next tim...moresuzalleogram in Easthampton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!