penne a la vodkaFrom holly1368 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 small onion chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated carrot shopping list
- 2-5 cloves garlic chopped -depends on your taste,I love it so I use 5 shopping list
- 28 oz. can of whole tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil torn shopping list
- 1/2 cup good vodka shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 pound of penne pasta cooked according to package directions. drained shopping list
How to make it
- heat butter and olive oil in a large saute pan
- add onion and carrot
- cook until soft on a medium to low heat
- add garlic cook 2 minutes stirring well
- add tomatoes juice and all to the pan,simmer 10 minutes
- add salt , pepper, basil, and vodka
- cover and simmer10 minutes
- puree with a stick blender(I don't know what those contraptions are called)or just use you regular blender but be careful and put a tea towel over the top and vent the lid a bit.
- put sauce back in the pan and add the cream and stir
- adjust salt and pepper after tasting
- Add cooked pasta to the pan
- toss to coat
- let all that good creaminess get all over that pasta.
- If your feeling fancy place the pasta in your favorite bowl from Grandma and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Yes, the "good stuff" would be nice but, let's face it ,I never have any so the the "green capped" stuff is just fine
- enjoy with some salad and warmed Italian bread
The Cookholly1368 Plymouth, CT
- Not added to any groups yet!