Dotties Swedish Meatball DinnerFrom dottiet 9 years ago
- 1 - 2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 large can of mushrooms drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 cups boiling water shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, chopped onion, bread crumbs, egg, and milk.
- Season with parsley, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Mix well with your hands.
- Shape into walnut-size balls, and place on baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven. Turn frequently so they brown evenly on all sides.
- To make the sauce: In a saucepan, combine oil, flour, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbling.
- Stir in hot water and sour cream until smooth and heated through.
- When meatballs have cooked 30 minutes, pour sauce over the top, and return to the oven for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Great served over egg noodles or rice for a complete main dish.
The Cookdottiet Woodward, OK
The Rating2 people
I've died and gone to heaven! I love swedish meatballs, but have never thought of making them. Now that I have this fabulous recipe, I no longe have an excuse! Thanks for sharing it! ~Laura ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!