Beef And Butternut Squash StewFrom girlieerin 5 years ago
- 3 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 2 pounds stew beef, cut into 2-inch cubes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup marsala wine (Note: I used a Cabernet Sauvignon) shopping list
- 1 pound butternut squash, trimmed and cut into 2-inch cubes shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes shopping list
- 3 to 4 cups beef broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley (which I forgot to add) shopping list
- crusty bread, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup pot heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, rosemary, and thyme and saute until the onions are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Toss the beef cubes in salt and pepper and flour. Turn up the heat to med-high and add the beef to the pot. Cook until the beef is browned and golden around the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine. Using a wooden spoon, gently stir up all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the butternut squash and sun-dried tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Add enough beef broth to just cover the beef and squash.
- Bring the stew to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Season the stew with additional salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Serve with crusty bread alongside.
The Cookgirlieerin Cambridge, MA
The Rating3 people
This was soooooooooooo good! Really. An awesome, tasty stew. Thanks!sarajanebell in loved it
This recipe totally rocks! It's delicious and comfort food at it's best... BTW...I just go to look at the food porn meat at Whole Foods...*sigh*...until they make me leave. It is an amazing site to behold indeed. Great post - thanks! =)lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!