Bacon Cheddar Beer Soup in Bread BowlsFrom smurfetta 7 years ago
- 1/4 lb. smoked bacon finely chopped shopping list
- 1 medium red onion cut into 1/4 in. pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely sliced celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots shopping list
- 3 TB all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups whole milk shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 12 oz. grated white cheddar or sharp cheddar shopping list
- 3 dashes Tabasco shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup beer, room temperature shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 TB thinly sliced chives shopping list
How to make it
- Make the bread bowls ahead of time
- Cut up the onions, celery, carrots and bacon
- Cook the bacon in a medium to large soup pot
- Once the bacon has cooked down a bit but not browned, add the onions, celery and carrots and cook until the onion is translucent and bacon is brown and crispy
- Add the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes until the floury taste is gone
- Slowly add in the milk and stock, whisking well to make sure there are no lumps.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- remove from heat, and stir in the cheese, Tabasco, Worcestershire, and beer
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut holes in the bread bowls
- Ladle in the bacon cheddar beer soup
- Sprinkle with chives or green onions
The Cooksmurfetta Huntsville, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!