Mexican LasagnaFrom mrspotatohead 9 years ago
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 cups salsa shopping list
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce shopping list
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies shopping list
- 1 envelope taco seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches) shopping list
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mexican cheese blend, divided shopping list
- 2 cups broken tortilla chips shopping list
- sour cream, sliced ripe olives, guacamole and chopped tomatoes, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in salsa, beans, enchilada sauce, chilies, taco seasoning and pepper; heat through.
- Spread 1 cup sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Layer with two tortillas, a third of the meat mixture and 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining tortillas and meat mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with tortilla chips.
- Bake 10-15 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with sour cream, olives, guacamole and tomatoes if desired.