Wild Mushroom Sherry SoupFrom tinam 7 years ago
- 5 tblsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 12 oz Chanterelles, Winecap, Portabella, Shiitake-Chopped coarsely into bite-size pieces, (3 ounces of each type) shopping list
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry sherry shopping list
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp tarragon, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp chives, chopped shopping list
- juice of 1 fresh lemon to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Sweat spring onions in pan.
- Add mushrooms. Coat mushrooms with butter and stir occasionally until they begin to express their juices.
- Remove 1/3 of the mushrooms allow to cool a bit and puree them. Lower heat on remaining mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, in a stockpot, add chicken stock, and sherry. Bring to a slow, rolling boil for about 10 minutes, allowing stock to reduce a bit.
- Lower heat to a simmer. Add mushroom puree and continue simmering for about another 10 minutes allowing the flavors to marry.
- Add the remaining mushrooms, season soup with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste, blend well.
- Add cream, check again for seasoning.
- Add fresh chopped herbs.
- Just before serving whisk in 2 tablespoons of cold butter. Serve.
- Garnish with full sprigs of herbs.