Viet Rice NoodlesFrom sola 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbls.sugar shopping list
- 1/2 medium sweet onion,such as Vidalia,sliced into thin 1/2 rings shopping list
- 8 Oz dried rice noodles shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 Tbls.oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp.chili flakes shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 large cucmber,peeld,seeded and thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 green onions,thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 plum tomotaoes,seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts,coarsley chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk vinegar and sugar in medium bowl to blend,add onion rings and toss to coat.Cover and let stand at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.Drain,reserving 2 tbls.vinegar mixture.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes until al dente.Drain and rinse under cold water.Drain well.
- Whisk lime juice,oil and crushed red pepper in small bowl.Stir in mintand cilantro.
- Cut noodles into 3-4 inch sections.Place a 1/4 noodles into a bowl with vinegar mixture.Toss remaining noodles with lime juice mixture.Mix both noodles together with all remaining ingredients except peanuts.Divide into bowls to serve.garnish with peanuts and serve immmediately.
- *Note: I soaked my dried rice noodles in warm water for about an hour.Plunged in boiling water for one minute exactly came out perfectly.