Braised Short Ribs w Spicy Bean SauceFrom tinam 7 years ago
- 24 short ribs, 3 oz each shopping list
- 3 tblsp salt shopping list
- 1 tblsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tblsp garlic powder shopping list
- 2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 4 tblsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups BBQ sauce - I like it spicy & hot - your preference shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water shopping list
- horseradish-White Bean Sauce: shopping list
- 4 tblsp margarine shopping list
- 4 tblsp all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 qt milk shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 3 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup white beans,cooked (soak in water for 12 hours) shopping list
- 1 cup prepared horsereadish shopping list
How to make it
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Rub on short ribs to season. Heat oil in large sautee pan over medium-high heat.
- Sear all sides of ribs (eight at a time) making sure not to overload pan. Place seared ribs in suitable size baking dish.
- Mix barbecue sauce and chicken stock or water and pour over ribs, covering 2/3 with liquid.
- Bake in preheated oven at 325F for three hours -- turning ribs every hour -- until fork tender.
- Reserve braising liquid.
- Horseradish-White Bean Sauce:
- Melt margarine in medium sauce pot. Add flour and cook over medium heat for three to five minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk. Whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Add bay leaf, salt and pepper, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked white beans and prepared horseradish.
- Place braised ribs on plate brush with braising liquid and spoon horseradish sauce over ribs. (You can provide a side bowl of sauce for those who want to dip into it even more)