Whole Wheat Parmesan Herb BreadFrom absinthebride 6 years ago
- 2 envelopes active dry yeast shopping list
- 2 cups warm water (100° F - 110° F) shopping list
- 2/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- (keep 1/2 cup aside to sprinkle on top of bread before baking) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried leaf basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup bread flour shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in large bowl.
- Add oil, sugar and whole wheat flour. Mix until smooth. Let rest with a damp towel over it for 20 minutes.
- Mix down; add salt, parmesan, garlic powder, basil, oregano, and pepper. Stir in enough bread flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes). Shape into two rounds. Place dough on greased baking sheets (for round loaves, for rectangle loaves, use bread pan).
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size (about 45 minutes). Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Sprinkle set aside parmesan on top (as well as some extra spice, if you like) and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from baking sheets (or bread pans) and cool on wire rack.