Chocolate Pots de CremeFrom mizblizz 8 years ago
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate,chopped - Godiva seems the best shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 8 egg yolks shopping list
- I've tried to substitute the milk with soy milk and sugar for Splenda, just as delish. Seems the key is the brand of chocolate. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Melt chocolate with 1/2 cup of cream in a 2-quart saucepan or in a bowl over simmering water. Remove from heat. Combine remaining 1 cup cream, milk and sugar in a saucepan and warm until sugar dissolves.
- Whisk yolks in a bowl, then slowly stir in warm cream mixture. Pour
- resulting custard mixture through a strainer into melted chocolate
- and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into 6 custard cups and place them at least an inch
- apart in a baking pan. Add enough hot water to pan to reach just
- under the lip of the cups. Bake until custards are just set at edges,
- about 45 minutes. They will continue to cook after you remove them
- from oven, and chocolate will harden as it cools. Take care not to
- overcook; this custard is best when slightly soft. Best serve warm.