Chef Dans Ultimate Beef ChiliFrom chihuahua 5 years ago
- 1 pound beef Round, cut into 1/2-inch chunks OR 1 pound ground chuck shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 1/2 T canola oil, divided shopping list
- 3 onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 Jalepeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 T ground cumin shopping list
- 2 T chili powder shopping list
- 1 T paprika shopping list
- 2 t dried oregano shopping list
- 12 oz. dark or light beer shopping list
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes (dried, not oil-packed), snipped into small pieces shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 4 15 oz. cans kidney beans, rinsed shopping list
- 1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 T lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 1/2 t of the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add half the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides, 2 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with another 1 1/2 t oil and remaining beef.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 1 1/2 t oil to the pot. Add onions and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, until onions are golden brown, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Add garlic, jalepenos, cumin, chili powder, paprika and oregano. Stir until aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Add beer and simmer, scraping up any browned bits, for about 3 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, bay leaves and reserved beef. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beef is very tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Add beans; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until chili has thickened, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Suggested Garnish:
- Sour Cream
- grated Cheddar or Pepper Jack Cheese
- chopped Green or Red Onion
- chopped fresh Tomatoes
- chopped Cilantro
- Serve with: Warm Corn Bread and a salad
- Also: Big spoon, wide bowls, large napkins and cold beer
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!