Mexican LasagnaFrom dixiediner 7 years ago
- 10 to 12 corn tortillas, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper or to taste shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups small-curd cottage cheese, drained shopping list
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 cups shredded lettuce shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 3 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover bottom and sides of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with tortillas.
- Brown ground beef. Drain well. Add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and canned tomatoes. Heat through. Pour over tortillas. Layer tortillas over ground beef mixture.
- Combine cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and egg. Pour over tortillas. Bake for 30 minutes, or until done.
- Sprinkle rows of cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, green onions and olives diagonally across center of casserole, starting at 1 corner.
- Notes: Start the diagonal rows with green onions, olives, tomatoes, lettuce, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, olives and green onions ending at the opposite corner.