Brussels Sprout with Caramelized Onion and dried CranberryFrom mizblizz 5 years ago
- 2/3 cups of olive oil shopping list
- 1 med onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- sea salt – I use Baleine shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprout, trimmed, wash and slice to about ¼ inch shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 4 tbsp white balsamic vinegar or more to taste shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- ¾ cups dried cranberry shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium pan, sautee onion over medium heat, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Set aside
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sprouts; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until brown at edges, 6 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, balsamic vinegar and sugar . Sauté until most of water evaporates and sprouts are tender but still bright green, 3 minutes.
- Add sautéed onion, add more balsamic vinegar to taste if necessary , last add dried Cranberry
- I like the some what tangy taste, so I add more than 4 tbsp of White Balsamic Vinegar.
- I think the tanginess of balsamic vinegar and sweetness of dried Cranberry complement the bitterness of Brussels Sprout. DELISH !
The Cookmizblizz SUNSET BEACH, NC
The Rating3 people
Great add, With post like these, Brussels sprout will be in High demand..lol... thankswolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
I love brussels sprouts usally cooking them the ways Lunasea does.This recipe sounds so refreshing,greatpost.zanna in MOUNT CLEMENS loved it
I like the cranberry and balsamic vinagar in this wonderful recipe.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!