Brussels Sprout with Caramelized Onion and dried CranberryFrom mizblizz 8 years ago
- 2/3 cups of olive oil shopping list
- 1 med onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- sea salt – I use Baleine shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprout, trimmed, wash and slice to about ¼ inch shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 4 tbsp white balsamic vinegar or more to taste shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- ¾ cups dried cranberry shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium pan, sautee onion over medium heat, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Set aside
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sprouts; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until brown at edges, 6 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, balsamic vinegar and sugar . Sauté until most of water evaporates and sprouts are tender but still bright green, 3 minutes.
- Add sautéed onion, add more balsamic vinegar to taste if necessary , last add dried Cranberry
- I like the some what tangy taste, so I add more than 4 tbsp of White Balsamic Vinegar.
- I think the tanginess of balsamic vinegar and sweetness of dried Cranberry complement the bitterness of Brussels Sprout. DELISH !
The Cookmizblizz SUNSET BEACH, NC
The Rating3 people
I like the cranberry and balsamic vinagar in this wonderful recipe.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I love brussels sprouts usally cooking them the ways Lunasea does.This recipe sounds so refreshing,greatpost.zanna in MOUNT CLEMENS loved it
Great add, With post like these, Brussels sprout will be in High demand..lol... thankswolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!