Corn and Crab ChowderFrom shandy 9 years ago
- 1 (16-ounce bag) frozen petite white corn (do not thaw), divided shopping list
- 1 c. milk shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce bottle) clam juice shopping list
- 4 T. sliced green onions, divided shopping list
- 2 t. minced peeled, fresh ginger, divided shopping list
- 4 1/2 t. fresh lemon juice, divided shopping list
- 2 T. butter shopping list
- 8 ounces cooked crab meat, flaked shopping list
How to make it
- Reserve 1/4 cup corn. Bring remaining corn and milk to boil in medium saucepan. Cover; remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Puree mixture in blender. Add clam juice, 3 Tablespoons green onions, and 1 teaspoon ginger; puree again until almost smooth. Return puree to saucepan; bring to simmer. Mix in 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat. Add reserved 1/4 cup corn; saute 1 minute. Add crab, 1 Tablespoon green onions, 1 teaspoon ginger, and 3 teaspoons lemon juice; stir just until warm. Season with salt and pepper. Divide soup among bowls; mound crab mixture in center.