Lemon Custard BarsFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- For crust in a medium mixing howl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until softened.
- Add 1/4 cup of the sugar and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in 1 cup flour until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Press mixture into an ungreased square baking pan and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile for lemon mixture in the same mixing bowl beat eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed just until foamy then add remaining sugar, flour, lemon juice, baking powder and salt.
- Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes then stir in lemon peel.
- Pour lemon mixture over baked crust and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack.
- Sift powdered sugar over top.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!