Steak And PastaFrom chihuahua 8 years ago
- 3 small zucchini (about 6 oz. each) shopping list
- 3/4 pound beef top round steak shopping list
- 1 12-ounce package mushrooms shopping list
- 2 medium-size onions shopping list
- 3/4 16-ounce package Rigatoni or Ziti macaroni shopping list
- salt shopping list
- salad oil shopping list
- 1 C beef broth shopping list
- 1 Tbl. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp. sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Cut each zucchini crosswise into 3 pieces, then cut each piece lengthwise into 6 wedges.
- With knife held in slanting position almost parallel to the cutting surface, slice round steak crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
- Cut each mushroom in half.
- Cut each onion in half, then cut each half crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- In saucepot, prepare rigatoni as label directs, using 2 tsp. salt in water. Drain rigatoni and return to saucepot; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick 12-inch skillet over high heat, in 2 tsp. hot salad oil, cook zucchini until tender-crisp and lightly browned; remove to large bowl; keep warm
- Sprinkle steak with 1/4 tsp. salt. In same skillet in 1 tsp. hot salad oil, cook steak, stirring frequently, until browned; remove to bowl with zucchini.
- In same skillet in 2 more tsp. hot salad oil, cook mushrooms 1 minute; add 2 Tbl. water and cook until mushrooms are tender; remove to same bowl.
- In same skillet in 2 more tsp. hot salad oil, cook onions until tender and browned.
- In small bowl, stir beef broth and flour until blended; stir into onions with red wine vinegar, sugar, and 1 tsp. salt; heat to boiling; boil 1 minute.
- Stir onion mixture into saucepot with rigatoni; add steak and vegetables. Toss to serve.
- Serve with crusty roll.